New episodes Sunday’s 10/9c on Lifetime
About the show:
The series follows Riley Parks (Hewitt), who begins working in a day spa in a local town after being left in financial debt after her husband abandons her and their children. She quickly realizes that the spa gives much more than massages, but works with the parlor’s owner in order to keep food on the table. While helping to run the business, she struggles to discreetly balance two lives – a single mother who must provide for her family and a strong businesswoman working in a unique and frowned-upon business.
Notes from the pilot episode “The Rub of Sugarland”
- Riley and her husband are both struggling to make ends meet between their kids and mortgage.
- Riley gets a “Massage” job from one of her good friends, which is not what she expected it to be…
- Riley’s husband unexpectedly leaves and now needing the money even more she agrees on the “Massage” job
- During her job she actually ends up talking to these “Client’s” and even fixes a marriage in the process
- Riley’s husbands brother Evan begins to try and help out around the house, It is apparent he has feelings for her
Prior to watching I had briefly read about some of the hype of the show and I would say it lived up to it. The show is well acted and and story is not what I first expected, its much better and addicting. This show combines some of the elements seen in a prime-time teen soaps done in a more adult format. It has impressed me and has me wanting more. (10 episode order for season 1). I highly recommend you check out the pilot which is available for FREE on iTunes.
Pilot Episode Promo: The promo doesn’t do the show justice, watch episode 1 before making your opinion on it.